Thanks a billion to Effervescent Hedgepig for the nomination! Her blog is pretty rad, I recommend checking it out at some point if you get the chance! It’s lovely to be nominated, I’m excited to tell you all a little more about myself, and perhaps introduce you to some new bloggers!
I had to do a bit of searching on Google to figure out exactly what this award was, I’ll admit. I learned that Liebster is German for “dearest” (more or less), and the Liebster Award is an award for small or new blogs that deserve a chance in the spotlight. Once received, it’s passed on (as a chain letter might be) to other blogs that the recipient thinks are worthy of attention, and so forth. By asking each nominee to answer a set of questions, the award allows new bloggers to tell their audience something about themselves.
Here are the rules of the award:
- Thank the nominator.
- Display the award.
- Nominate 10 more bloggers with 10 new questions.
- Answer the questions.
10 Questions for the nominees:
1. If you could instantly solve one world issue, what would it be, and why?
2. Coffee or tea?
3. Is there a particular blog or blogger who inspires you?
4. Book you have recently gotten totally lost in.
5. What is the biggest challenge you face when blogging?
6. Do you have a “signature style”?
7. What do you hope people take away from your blog?
8. Most inspirational or influential figure in your life:
9. The perfect day consists of:
10. One thing you hope your future self remembers:
Questions I’m supposed to answer:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
That’s a verrrry long story… but essentially it was after I had been to Mexico and seen the poverty in some parts of the country. That lead me and my roommate at the time to start researching forced or unpaid labor and unpaid or forced prostitution…which lead us to start thinking that poverty and greed were the root, base cause of a lot of these issues…which lead me years later to commit to always “vote with my dollar” by buying ethical or sustainable products by the end of 2016… which lead me to start blogging my way through my journey because I realized very quickly that it was no easy task. and that if other people with busy lives were going to try a similar thing, they would need help, so I may as well publish what I find.
Whew! That was a lot. Sorry!
2. Finish the sentence: “Keep Calm and…”
Google on! Google knows everything!!
3. Is there a story behind your blog name?
I wanted it to be something that conveyed the idea of growth, integrity, and nature. A very close girlfriend and my husband helped me come up with it, as well as some very helpful randoms on Instagram!
4. What color is most prominent in your wardrobe?
Black and grey. As a stylist, those are sort of my main options!
5. Do you prefer chalkboards or dry-erase boards?
Chalkboards, all the way!
6. What advice would you give your younger self?
7. What makes you smile?
Friends, BBQs with my family, a coffee shop with a unique atmosphere, a stormy night when my house is clean so I can relax by the rainy window with a yummy candle.
8. What is your favorite blog?
I love the message of Organized Lunacy – so positive! I can be a self-absorbed pessimist at times, so I need to read and watch people who are positive!
9. Cats or dogs?
10. If you had to summarize your blog in one sentence, what would you say?
I’m trying to save the world – one shopping spree at a time.