Hello, friends! Recently I attended a baby shower for my nephew, who was born just a day before my birthday! It was the perfect spring baby shower, complete with awesome decor and many gluten-free snacks. I was tasked with making a couple appies. No big deal, right? Well, sort of. I’m gluten-free and lactose-free, and I had to make something vegan-friendly as well. To make things more complicated, we were supposed to be visiting friends for a couple hours before the baby shower, so I needed something that required little to no cooking, and/or would be able to keep fresh for a few hours. Needless to say, I got busy Googling and Pinteresting (is that a word??), since barring simple avocado toast, I had no idea what to make. In my travels around the internet, I discovered quite a few items that suited my needs for this situation (surprisingly), or could easily be adapted to be gluten free. So, here are my top 6 picks for easy vegan appetizers, perfect for any occasion!
1. Roasted Cauliflower Bites from FatFreeVegan.com. The recipe seems SUPER easy, healthy and quick. I’d certainly give this one a go!
2. Veggie Rolls with Avo Hummus from TheGlowingFridge.com. Once you chop the veggies, it’s smooth sailing. If you want to make your own hummus, that’s awesome! Good on you for being ambitious. Otherwise, you can do like I would and just buy some hummus from the store for this recipe.
3. Healthy Vegan Maccaroni Salad from VeggiesDontBite.com. This one is pretty much your standard pasta salad, but made vegan! To make it GF, just use GF noodles.
4. Fresh and Easy Pineapple Salsa from IsabelEats.com. Just pair it with your favourite vegan tortilla chips and this easy vegan appetizers is ready to go!
5. Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pinwheels from MinimalistBaker.com. Just make sure the tortilla is vegan/GF and you’re good to go!
6. Avocado Caprese Salad from CookEatPaleo.com. I think this one looks like the easiest of all the recipes… however getting the avo out in such civilized shapes like they did might not be so simple!
Did you try any of these recipes? I ended up making pinwheels for the shower, but I changed up the filling! If you tried any of the recipes or have ideas for easy vegan appetizers, share it in the comments, or share this post with your friends.